An evaluation of the working on the fifth BOBCATSSS-Symposium
During the last seven months a group of 35 students and teachers have spent numerous
hours to organize the fifth BOBCATSSS-Symposium in Budapest. Several of us have
already had a number of sleepless nights.
As you all know the theme of this year's symposium is The New Book Economy.
About 100 speakers from all over the world will be presenting the situation
in their country or expressing their opinion about one of the topics.
The list of participants is larger then ever over 350 people will be attending
the conference in Budapest.
Our guest of honour is Dr. Á. Göncz, president of Hungary.
The student organizing committee is divided into 4 groups:
- Public Relations
- Finances and Travel Organisation
Everyone involved works daily to ensure that all immediate tasks have been
done. Each group meets once or twice a week and discusses the activities scheduled
for the next few weeks. The chair person of each group meets with the chair
of the student organisation to discuss achievements and priorities.
Various decisions included:
- A housestyle must be developed; what colour do we use to, print everything?
- The incoming abstracts must be evaluated
- How many sponsors do we need; where are we going to look for suitable sponsors?
- To which journals do we send a press release?
- How do we register all participants, what data do we need from them?
- Where do we get information fo the proposed fieldresearch?
- How do we make a clear map of Budapest for the participants?
- What bus company do we choose?
- Who do we interview for the proceedings?
We have spent a great deal of effort into organizing this symposium and we
all look forward going to Budapest.
The programme will be on the Internet in early January.
We hope to welcome you in Budapest on January 27.
E-mail: [email protected]
Copyright © 1996,1997 by Lara de Jong, Machteld van der Pijll and Rosanne
van der Waal for BOBCATSSS. All rights reserved.This www-page is solely for
information purposes. Even though we took the greatest care by preparing this
page, the organisation of the BOBCATSSS-project cannot be held responsible
for any misinformation.